Monday, July 28, 2008

Sunflowers

The sunflowers are amazing in Moldova, there are fields and fields of nothing but huge, wonderful sunflowers. I think the sunflowers are close to the top of my list of what I love about Moldova!
This past weekend I went to Caleb's village, we spend most of Saturday just relaxing and on Sunday we went to a "masa" (a party) for Caleb's host sister's birthday. We started out having the masa at the lake but after the down pour of rain we relocated to Caleb's sister's house. Moldovans love their masa's....there is always a ton of family, including several children running around, and a massive amount of food that is prepared. It is fun and I think something that definitely needs to be experienced if you want to know about Moldovan culture.
The next few weeks Caleb and I will be teaching in practice school to children in our villages. On August 20th we will finally swear in as official peace corps volunteers and we will move together to our permanent site! We can't wait!
We miss you all!
- Brynn

No comments: