Monday, July 28, 2008

Some things

A few cools things that I enjoy about Moldova. In the mornings I wake up to the sound of a rooster. Then I walk downstairs where my mama gazda is preparing oatmeal for me and brewing some fresh hot tea. On my way to school I pass a goat that usually says greets me with a long baaaaahh. Sometimes I stop by the magazine on the corner (small store) and say buna dimeneatsa (good morning) to Doamna Zina and to buy a Snickers. Then I continue to school passing children and people. When I go home for lunch (Prinz) my mama gazda always has something fresh and yummy to eat. My meal consists of fresh parsley from the garden, some potatoes, chicken from the chicken coop, and of course fresh tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden. I also get to snack on our apple, cherry, sour cherry, and plum trees. Moldova rocks. It is big sky country and the stars are so bright. I had the chance to do some romanian/English karaoke the other night with my family. I sang Fuga Fuga and crazy by aerosmith. Funny stuff. My family is so tight here. They all hang out together and play games, etc. Im place ( i like it) :) I miss you all. Please keep reading the blog and commenting. It makes me smile. :) Peace and Love,
Caleb

1 comment:

John Alexander said...

Yo Caleb! SOunds like things are going awesome. Your description of your meals sounds delicious! It's a far stretch from "for lunch here in Knoxville, I hop in my car brave work traffic and find my way to the nearest grease drive thru, along the way I pass many grumpy people and cars..." :) Just kidding, things are frumos here! Hot but frumos.
Much love man, let me know where and I'll send you a whole fronk load of school supplies.
Peace, love-
John