Saturday, June 14, 2008

Moldova!!

Salut (hello)!
Greetings from Moldova. Moldova is a beautiful country, it reminds me much of Tennessee with rolling hills and everything is very green. Caleb and I arrived here on Wednesday evening. We spent Thursday and Friday at the Peace Corps headquarters and a nearby school sitting through informationl meetings and classes. We also started our language learning for Romanian! There are 38 total volunteers here in our group. Everyone is very nice and we all get along well. Today (Saturday, June 14th) we arrived at our host families. Caleb is in a village about 15 minutes from here and we should see eachother about 3 times a week. We will be with our host families for the next 10 weeks for pre-service training. Language classes are 6 days a week and we will also be learning the culture. My family is very hospitable, they have a beautiful house in the village where I live. We have a garden, chickens, and rabbits! So far we are so excited to be here. The first few days were hard! We were exhausted from jet lag and I think the reality of being here for 2 years finally set in. But I think we will enjoy it here in our new home called Moldova! We miss you all very much!
Buna seara (good night)!
-Brynn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear you guys made it safely! I hope you guys have a great time in Moldova!
-Megan

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you made it. Sounds like things are going well so far. I have been praying for you and Caleb!!! Love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Note: Moldova reminds me nothing of Tennessee. Nither the landscape nor the people. Thanks