Thursday, June 26, 2008

June 26th

Yesterday, I helped my family plant cabbage in their garden. They have a huge garden with beans, raspberries, strawberries, potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and snap peas. It makes me want to have a garden when we get to our permanent site and also when we get home to Tennessee.
The time is starting to go by quickly here in Moldova. Caleb and I are very busy with learning the language and preparing to teach our english and health education classes. I spent some time with him this past weekend at his host family's house. It was nice to be together and just relax. This weekend we go on a field trip to South Moldova with the other volunteers in our group to learn about what is called the Gaguaz region. Then Caleb is going to stay with me on Saturday night and meet my host family. We will find out in a few weeks where our permanent site will be for the remainder of our time here. We are scheduled to move there in mid August after we officially swear in as Peace Corps Volunteers. We will let you all know when we find out the big news!
Miss you all very much!
-Brynn

2 comments:

Beck, Helen and Will's Mom said...

I'm so glad that you are blogging and we can keep up with how you guys are doing! Sounds like everything is going well! We are praying for you and will continue to check in and read about your adventures! Hope you guys enjoy the field trip this weekend!
Blessings~
Andi

Unknown said...

Brynn and Caleb,
Craig and I pray for you everyday and miss you guys like crazy. It sounds like you are really enjoying your time in Moldova...we are so glad!

We love you both!
Have a good one!
-Kim and Craig